iPhone 4S specs and features: Not the iPhone 5, but we’ll take it
Although you may have been disappointed that they didn’t announce the iPhone 5 today, Apple isn’t going to leave you hanging. Coming to Canada and the USA on October 14th, 2011, the new iPhone 4S has features that will have me trading in my practically new iPhone 4 just to get my hands on some of these fun new techy additions:
- Cards will let you design and send greeting cards straight from you iPhone or iPod Touch. You can use your own photos, and it will be mailed straight to whomever you are sending. For someone like me, who views the idea of sending Christmas cards as somewhat hilarious and unnecessary, this is an awesome feature.
- Extended battery life: That new Disney game ‘Water’ is draining my battery to nothing flat in under 2 hours, but I can’t leave that little croc hanging when he’s so excited for his bath.
- 1080p HD video recording with the benefit of Video Image Stabilization = YES! I am the most horrid person for getting out the video camera, and I use my iPhone for everything. I’m so excited to import the video into iMovie and embarrass my children in full HD quality for the rest of their childhood.
- A personal assistant that goes by the name “Siri.” She keeps track of your appointments, helps you find out vital information that you need “Um, Siri, I’m running out of gas with four kids in the car. Where is the closest gas station?” She’ll read your text messages to you and text them back. Why would you use your keyboard and fingers like a sucker when you could just bark orders at someone virtual and get them to do it for you
- Updated camera with 8-megapixel sensor, 60 percent more pixels than the iPhone 4’s camera and backside-illuminated CMOS sensor that can capture 73 percent more light. And it’s 33% faster, for those covert People of Walmart shots if that’s what you are into
- It’s fast. The core duo chip means it’s lightening fast for apps and games. Now you can get through all 12 of the levels of your favorite free game and hurry into the paid version
- Other fun features: Reminder app, Twitter integrated, and a new Game Center and Safari update
Overall, you should get your name on the wait list for this one if you are an iPhone, new gadget loving type of person. Otherwise, wait it out for the iPhone 5, due next year. At the rate Apple is going, the iPhone 5 is almost sure to include a jet pack, and I can’t wait to get my hands on that one.